Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A combination of things.

There is something we do in our family. Something that was routine long before I came into this world. Something that is so simple, yet brings so much happiness. Sunday morning drives have been happening my whole life. There is something about the morning on a Sunday. It's different that other mornings. It's peaceful. It's happy. And when you combine


a Sunday morning,

a beautiful canyon,

a hot drink,


good tunes,



fresh white powder,


and great company


you have what we like to call, a winning combination.


So glad you came up Leigh Esta! Love you!

9 comments:

The Muirs said...

Beautiful pictures Carlie, what canyon were you in?

Unknown said...

hummm. i'm liking the idea of sunday morning drives and loving your flying dog. mine flies too.

Lori said...

I am glad you had a nice time with Leigh.

Sarah Blackhurst said...

Stop by and grab me sometime! I always love the rides myself, but happen to have done them for most of my life on a Sunday afternoon, so a morning drive would be a great change! Love your guts! Come see us soon!

Finch Family said...

I saw that Mindy Gledhill is having a benefit concert on the 2nd. Me, you and Kristi should go, it would be fun! Let me know what you think.

Carlie Michelle said...

Em- I saw that too! We should go, that would be fun. Mindy is actually a patient at this new chiropractor I work for. I met the other day- she is so nice! Lets make it happen.

Lori said...

Nice new blog page.

Laura said...

I want your hat.

I want your Sunday mornings, too. I always get depressed on Sunday...ever since I was a kid....weird.

SO, baby...I have got your pumpkin butter! Wrapping it up tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish I could wrap myself up in the box with it, and join you for a fun Sunday morning drive!

Carlie Michelle said...

Laura I wish you would wrap yourself up and come with the butter! That would be fabulous, we would have a great Sunday drive!