Thursday, September 11, 2008

22.

In six days I turn twenty two. When I was little, I remember thinking that twenty two was so old! But I have now come to the conclusion that twenty two is a completely pointless age. There are some birthdays that you cant wait for because they actually have great things that come along with them. Like when you're little and you cant wait to turn eight because that's when you get to be baptized and it's your special day. Then there is sixteen. You just cant wait to be sixteen. How fabulous are you now that you can drive and cruise main with your friends, and look super hot driving your mom's car? Next is eighteen. eighteen is great because that's the age that you can throw at your parents when they tell you that you cant do something. "I'm eighteen years old, you cant tell me what to do! I'm an adult!" And then they throw you a "when you live my house you will follow my rules" and you realize, hey- I can move out now! Next is twenty one. Twenty one rocks for obvious reason. Yes I can go to Vegas now and gamble and no one can say anything about it!! So then you go to Vegas with your I.D. in hand just begging for someone to card you- and not one single person does. bummer. But you're still of age so it rocks. But twenty two? Twenty two? Nothing rocks about twenty two. just the up hill battle of getting older. No more meaningful birthdays. No more looking forward to a fun age. Nope- just the sad realization that you are getting older and no one cares. I say boo to twenty two...
Amber and I in Vegas 3 months after my 21st birthday. Nope we were not asked to see our I.D.'s . Not even once.

7 comments:

* Keeping up with the Jones' * said...

I totally agree with you...however, when you turn the BIG 25, you can finally rent a car without being charged an arm and a leg. I hope that gives you something to look forward to!!!

Sarah Blackhurst said...

Car, I gotta hand it to you, twenty two is bad but tomorrow it's twenty seven for me... That's worse! Have a great birthday anyway and hey just because it's your birthday I say eat the whole cake by yourself and don't just eat one piece! WE LOVE YOUR GUTS!!!

Lori said...

Hey wait till you hit 41. That is when you want to start to either calculate backwards or hope for 59 1/2 so you can retire and go do what ever the HELL you want. You are crazy.

Love ya Happy B-Day

Laura said...

TWENTY TWO!!!!!!!!!!! Holy crap, what I would give to be 22!!!! And you are an ADORABLE 22!!!!!!! ENJOY it, please!!!! And if you ever need cheering up, come and trade places with ME...you can be an exhausted 38 year old mother of FOUR, wearing a crappy denim skirt with your breasts down to your knees!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Kerrilyn said...

You should look forward to turning 30!!! I don't know why, but so far I have like my 30's better than my 20's. But hey, that is just me. Happy Birthday soon!!!

Laura said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't it today??? well???????? How did it go???????????????

Jori said...

Happy B-day car .. p.s i just started blogging .. im usually a myspacer but im mixin it up a bit ;) have a good one!