Friday, September 19, 2008

four hats and a cake.

Hats. That was the theme on my birthday this year, I received 4 of them and loved every single one. Each has a great story attached to it!
Hat #1:

My birthday celebration began on my birthday eve, Shane took me out for a fantastic birthday dinner. He would not tell me where we were going, or what we were doing, just to" dress up and bring a jacket" so...

7:12pm Shane arrives at my house. Picks me up and we are headed up Provo Canyon
7:36pm We are seated for a delicious dinner at the Sundance resort.
8:24pm We finish dinner and our waitress brings our check. Along with the check is a gift. a beautiful gift! She hands it to me and simply says, "happy birthday!" I look at Shane, who had this all planed out, I open the gift and there sits the cutest hat I have ever seen. Truly, an adorable beanie, right on top of an adorable scarf. the best part of all, he made it. Yes he made this hat. I tried it on, the waitress comments on how cute it is, I inform her that he made it and she was in disbelief! "I thought it was bought for sure" were her words. She is impressed. I am impressed, and CAN NOT stop smiling! How personal, how thoughtful. I love it!
9:37pm We are sitting on a ski lift for the moon lit lift ride. beautiful! The moon is huge, the view is the breath taking, the hat on my head is perfect, and I love it!





Hat #2:


7:52am I wake up on my actual birthday to Elvis singing me happy birthday, he has done it every year, my whole life, and it is so funny! (love you dad!)
8:23am Arrive at work. I am surrounded by all my co-workers singing to me at all different keys, it was awesome! Robyn, brings this amazing
birthday hat that she has made and puts it on my head. It is fantastic!

Hat #3:

10:42am I look up from my desk to see my cute sister in law in front of my desk. She says, "I need to you to hold the door open so I can bring in your present, but you have to close your eyes!" I open my eyes to see the most fantastic birthday cake! It's huge, and has a flamingo on it! A flamingo! And feathers, and buttons! It was a happy cake! And her and my mama had also made me a birthday hat! I put it on, and I love it!















11:12am Kristi and I arrive at her salon to do my hair, (PS- love having a sister in law that doubles as a beautician!) We spend three hours on this project, having a great time! She rocks at what she does!













Hat #4:

5:52pm PF Changs is the restaurant of choice for birthday dinner. Those lettuce wraps rock my world.
6:16pm My bestest friend Amber Marie arrives. With hat in hand! Adorable hat, PINK, and perfect! I wear it through dinner. Chase is embarrassed.
6:55pm We finis
h dinner with a wonderful chocolate cake. Compliments of Toddy, Topped with berries and what Chase refers to as "gangster sauce" (no one knows what that means....) and a mini strawberry cheesecake with a candle, compliments of Changs.





























10:12pm The birthday comes to a close. It was a great day. full of happy hats. Fun hats. Great cake. Great Elvis, and wonderful people. I return to the hat in which it all began, and we cruised the canyon on longboards.

It was a very happy day!


10 comments:

Kerrilyn said...

They were all darling hats, but I really love the one that Shane made. Very cute indeed. He is cute too!!! I hope you had a Happy Birthday!

Lori said...

Glad you had a Happy Birthday. I am still almost 100% that there was still some smootching going on while your were on the ski lift, even if you won't admit it. I am glad you had a great day. Sorry I could not be there to share it with you. Also just to let you know the homemaker is also (HOT) very cute.

The Muirs said...

Carlie,

Megan and I both say "ooh la la" on Shane and the hat. Megan and I would like him to make us one or maybe he could have a class and we could come. I'm sure he wouldn't have any problems getting lots of girls to sign up. The birthday hats are a cute idea. Glad you had a great day...and you thought 22 would be boring. Whatever!

Kristen and Megan

The Muirs said...

P.S. Shane should get a blog.

Sarah Blackhurst said...

Carlie, Glad you had the best day! And I loved all the adorable hats! I need to get on the "hat" list next year for sure!

Amberly said...

Happy Birthday girl! You are the cutest most positive person I know! I love ya!

Anonymous said...

Darling hats...no way on Shane MAKING that hat! It rocks. What exactly is gangster sauce? Chase is a wacko...Glad you had a great day. Can't wait to see Twilight with you guys.

Jamie said...

You are so stinkin' cute! Hope you had a great Birthday! You'll be so proud that I finally made blog! :-) It's not as cute as yours but I need help!!!!!

Natalie said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday. I loved your "happy cake" That is what Zoe calls all birthday cakes. All of your hats are too cute.

* Keeping up with the Jones' * said...

Happy Happy Birtday!! Sounds like you had a fantastic day.