Tuesday, September 2, 2008

reasons unknown.

I have always said that every thing in this life happens for a reason. And I have always believed it. It has always made sense to me that there is deeper meaning to our actions than just doing them. Maybe its a sixth sense. Maybe it's serendipity, of fate. Divine intervention. Whatever it is, I believe in it. I believe that it happens because it has. It does. I may not know it at the moment that it is happening, but there is always a time, even if its weeks down the road, that you look at a situation, and see the result for it happening. You can see the good that that one encounter, conversation, argument or run in has brought. It is the simple things in our life, like running into someone you have know most of your life after not seeing them for so long and having it be just what you needed at the time. There is a reason. Having them do a simple action or saying a simple phrase that brings you a tiny bit of peace that you need. There is a reason. Meeting a new person and feeling like you have known them forever. There is a reason. There really is. We may not know it now. we may not know for some time, but we always find out. And when we do. It's an ah-ha moment. When you can simply say, I knew that happened for a reason. I look so forward to those moments.....

1 comments:

Laura said...

I am in total agreement.(great post!) It is the really hard things...the bad situations, depressing times, the struggles...those, for me,are the hardest to believe that they are happening for a reason. But then I see it. Like a bright light in my face, I see why those happenings were necessary.

Some things we will see...and I also think that there will be those ah-ha moments that may not happen until after we are long gone.

Bottom line, like you said...they are there. They are not things happening for no reason...everything has a purpose. And if we open our eyes, we can see them for what they really are, and all they can be in our lives. I believe it is all about faith.